Electronic Engineer/Electrical Engineer/Mechatronic Engineer - Technologist
Full Job Description
Canadian Electric Vehicles (canEV) is a Vancouver Island based manufacturer of electric work trucks and electric powertrain products. We are looking for enthusiastic people of all experience and education levels to join our growing company for the following positions:
- Electronic Engineer/Technologist
- Electrical Engineer/Technologist
- Mechatronic Engineer/Technologist
We have open opportunities for Engineers and Technologists that have a passion for Electric Vehicle technology. We are not expecting a single candidate to cover all aspects of this job description. If you are entry level and interested, please read on to see if our opportunities are right for you. If you are experienced tell us what challenge you are looking for next. We have a mix of R&D projects, custom projects, and serial production. You can be hands on with your projects from concept to completion at canEV.
We want to talk with people looking for long-term careers in manufacturing and electric vehicles. We are willing to train the right candidate. You must have a mechanical or electrical interest with some hands-on experience. That experience does not need to be work related and can be personal hobbies and interests. Your abilities do not have to be automotive, but you must be keenly interested to learn and invest yourself in knowledge of the products and industry. and show that you are a take it apart to see how it works kind of person. Bonus points if you can show you have put it back together and it works.
Please provide details on your resume of any type of hobbies, special interests, or projects as our type of work requires a wide variety of skills. We are looking for people who like "hands-on" work on cars, bikes, boats, ATVs, steam engines, airplanes or anything mechanical. We are looking for those that build computers, 3D printers, robots, integrate Arduinos or Raspberry Pi’s, install car stereos or work with anything electrical or electronic.
The jobs we have are not factory assembly line type of work. We are a low volume manufacturer with a small team. Candidates must be versatile and flexible in the day-to-day work. We build a lot of customized products so there are many times that creativity is needed to conceive and execute solutions to problems as a team.
Typical Design Tasks:
- Design analog circuits, component enclosures and harnesses
- Design basic circuit logic, PCB layout and coordinate outsource manufacturing
- Some embedded microcontroller design and programming
Production Support Tasks:
- Integrate dash displays, chargers, battery management, and other electronic systems
- Integrate electric motors, inverter/controllers and VCU’s
- Use software tools to configure controllers, chargers, BMS, VCU, microcontrollers
- Assemble electric powertrains for both production and custom projects
- Assemble automotive wiring assemblies and harnesses
- Must be able to create and work with detailed drawings and diagrams
- Must be able to work with hand tools and work in shop environment
- Ability to read and speak Chinese is a substantial asset
- Experience soldering and crimping terminals is an asset
- Coding and web development is an asset
- Must be able to use basic measurement tools (tape measure, caliper)
- Must be able to maintain quality of finished products
- Must be careful in handling parts to maintain a “new” finish
For more information on our company visit canev.com.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $40,000.00-$85,000.00 per year
Flexible Language Requirement:
- French not required
- 8 hour shift
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus pay
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Parksville, BC: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
Work Location: One location
Application deadline: 2022-11-25
Expected start date: 2022-12-05