PRODUCT DETAILS - CLICK TO EXPAND
This second generation of the Orion BMS improves on many aspects of the original, delivering significantly more functionality and capabilities while reducing size and weight. Orion Battery Management Systems from Ewert Energy Systems are robust, full featured BMSs that are specifically designed to handle the rigors of on road and off road automotive use. They provide both digital and analog outputs to control chargers, motor controllers, and other external devices like cooling fans or heaters. Orion BMSs are field programmable with two CAN interfaces and OBD-II support for retrieving datalogs, trouble codes, or snapshots as faults occur in the field with OBD-II scan tools.
- Significantly smaller enclosure size for 24-72 cell configurations.
- Roughly 40% lower weight on all models due to the new enclosure design and streamlined (removable) heatsink. Minimum heat dissipation requirements apply.
- Considerable boosts in measurement accuracy and processor speed allow for more advanced calculations and logic.
- Direct hardware support for several popular charging protocols including hardware support for SAE J1772 (directly interfacing with the pilot / proximity lines) and CHAdeMO for DC fast charging.
- Wider input power voltage range (now 12v-24vDC compatible) for better support on heavy vehicles and equipment. The Orion 2 BMS remains fully compatible with 12v applications.
- Ability to directly drive certain contactors on select inputs (bypassing the need for intermediate signal relays in some situations)–see supporting documentation for details.
- Completely redesigned multi-unit series configuration (now using Remote Cell Tap Expansion Modules). This greatly simplifies connecting multiple units together in series and improves the overall reliability.
- New Status LED on the unit to indicate power status and the presence of faults.
- Addition of 2x new Multi-Purpose Output pins with programmable functions.
- Significant algorithm and software enhancements to improve overall system accuracy for parameters such as State of Charge and pack health.
- Capable of measuring up to 180 battery cells per unit connected in series based on configuration.
- Up to 2x Remote Cell Tap Expansion Modules can be connected to measure higher voltage battery packs (up to 800vDC max).
- Configurations available in increments of 12 cells in series.
- Centralized design provides high EMI and noise immunity.
- Performs intelligent cell balancing (passive).
- Calculates state of charge (SOC).
- Uses professional automotive-grade locking connectors.
- Calculates discharge current limit (DCL) and charge current limit (CCL).
- Can measure cell voltages between 0.5v and 5.0v.
- Dual (x2) CANBUS 2.0B interfaces (fully programmable).
- OBD2 diagnostic protocol support.
- See the full features list
Safe containers and packaging
Money back guarantee
All Products Warrantied for One Year
All order information encrypted